November 8, 2009

November 8th Fake Mail

Posted on 11:28 PM by Jack Ady

Well, there has certainly been one consistent thing to the start of the 2009-10 season; that nothing has been consistent. At all. Jazz beat the Spurs, lose to the Martin-less Kings. Suns beat the Celtics in Boston, lose by 30 to Orlando. Weird. On to the fake mail.

I knew it would happen. Put a selfish player on any team and he kills them like he always has. Iverson is nothing but a dog and a selfish team breaker. The guy is overrated and never done nothing good.
--Tyson, Indianapolis


Maybe you have a good point. I do have a quick possibly unrelated question though: which three players have the top points per game in NBA playoff history? In order, the answer is 1- Michael Jordan, 2 - Allen Iverson, 3 - Jerry West. That's it, Iverson is not only not a team wrecker, but he's one of the 50 greatest players of all time. It's not like Iverson ever carried a TERRIBLE Sixers team to the NBA finals by sheer balls and single-handedly beat a Lakers team at least one time that the whole Western Conference couldn't beat.

To quote Red Auerbach, "I don't care if he never comes to practice, if he was on my team I'd play him all night long. Love him." Me too, Red. Allen Iverson was one of the main attractions that brought be to the league when I was still in high school, so you can't win on this point. This is a guy who, in an era of Duncan's, Pierce's and Antoine Walker's brought excitement to the game. Big time. (If you watch this, skip to about six minutes in.)

This deal didn't make sense to me, though. This guy is a big time winner, goes to a very bad team that won't let him start. They could bring Conley off the bench, he's not that good. Grizzlies management should have known this would happen, and it's almost completely their fault.

Yo, can the Kings win any games with Kevin Martin hurt? Think he could be an all star with his numbers?
--Leon, San Fransisco

I think they will win more without Martin. With him, they were a joke team only capable of winning when Martin goes ballistic and scores 50. Without him, they're such a tragically terrible team that other clubs will take them completely not seriously and lose games that should be easy wins. (See exhibit Utah.) Seriously, this is a terrible team with no shot at anything worth getting behind for the next several years. My condolences to your team pride.

Please! Someone get me out of here! I'm a good player; trust me. I've been a part of the biggest upset in pro sports history, I was a key player on a championship team in 2003. I can help your team. Doesn't anyone need help?
-- Stephen Jackson, Oakland

Someone should definitely help you out there, Steve. Another case of a bad reputation that not's well deserved. Jackson saved the Spurs from certain elimination from the Lakers in 2003 as he hit big shot after big shot. He is a scorer who could very much help a contender who needs help because they can't score enough points without him.

That's right, I'm openly plugging for a Cavs team with fantastic chemistry to take on Stephen Jackson. Why? Because their new wings aren't any good. Jamario Moon can't seem to do anything, and Anthony Parker can't even catch. Honestly, watch him. He drops four passes a game. Explain to me how a tall, tough defending 3 point shooting slasher could hurt a team with LeBron James on it. I submit that it will not.

Aiight, we knows the Lake show is numba one, but who's number 2 out West? Not that they can stop the LAKERS! Kobe 4 MVP bOY!
--Keith, Huntington Beach


I would have to say the second best team in the West right now actually is the Lakers. They clearly are not the best team-- like we thought they would be-- although I have to suspect they will be with a healthy Gasol in the lineup at the end of the season.

If you would have asked me who would be second in the West two weeks ago, I would have listed the possibilities of Portland, Denver, Utah or maybe even San Antonio.

The best team in the Western Conference up to now is clearly the Phoenix Suns, who have had their offense firing like the old days, including during an impressive road win at Boston, who was ranked first in last weeks ESPN Power Rankings. This team is playing like they've never heard of Terry Porter, and it couldn't be more entertaining to watch.

I thought he wasn't supposed to be any good? Undersized and white power forwards never make it as lottery picks in the NBA, huh? What's your assessment of Tyler Hansbrough now?
--Tyler Hansbrough's Mom, Charlotte

Too soon to tell. The guy did get 13 points and 5 rebounds in only 14 minutes, but it was against a porous Wizards defense and it was one time. People have overreacted to a single decent performance in the past, and I don't really want to join those ranks.

Have a different opinion? Want to recommend a fake question? Let me know at jackhoops@gmail.com

Please click on any advertisement to help support fake mail.

2 Response to "November 8th Fake Mail"

.
gravatar
Blam Says....

I about peed my pants when I saw that the Tyler Hansbrough question was submitted by Tyler Hansbrough's mom!
This was a good blog. I don't support calling the Suns the best team in the West. I have to see them beat the Lakers before I'm going to join that band wagon.
Allen Iverson is definitely a contender and I agree one of the best 50 of all time. Yes, not only did I see him against the Lakers, but I also remember it. However, how many minutes has he played? How many times has he hit the ball floor? How many games has he won? Lost? He's an old dog, man! You talked about him enticing you to the game when you were in High School! That was forever ago! You haven't been there in ever. In ever!
I still don't feel convinced enough to click on your ads. I'm not willing to pay money to increase my basketball talent. Sorry

.
gravatar
Dayna Says....

Great article. I can always count on entertainment when I come to your site.

Leave A Reply